[Glass] Run-away tranlogs

Tobias Pape via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 19 10:07:24 PST 2016

Hi Dale,

replying late, because I didn't receive the mail but got it via
Nabble/forum.world.st[1].

It turned out that the baidu spider queried different pagers around 5 times
per second, each time creating a new session. This turned into a huge
Session Hog, eventually eating up my Disk. For now I had to block baidu, and
traffic/tranlog-rollover is back to normal.

Thanks for all the useful information.

Besides, the GemStone Admin Guide is _just great_!

Best regards
    -Tobias

[1]: To whom it may concern, please see
http://forum.world.st/OT-ISP-issue-tt4871612.html and

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/box-admins/2016-January/002123.html
       In short, this list is handled by lists.gemtalksystems.com, with IP
204.246.122.94,
       but the IP reverse-dns says
        94.122.246.204.in-addr.arpa is an alias for
94.0-24.122.246.204.in-addr.arpa.
        94.0-24.122.246.204.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
commonhouse.net.
       which GMX et al. do not like.