[Glass] Grease build fails on ERROR 2734 , a RepositoryError occurred (error 2734), Too many sessions logged in to run with requested number of sessions (RepositoryError)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jan 18 11:51:48 PST 2016

Hmmm,

In addition to ss3, apparently I am unable to reach travis-ci.org either ...

Regarding the too many sessions error, the ubuntu os running on travis
has an odd setting that causes our session affinity code to just fail,
so I've had to jury things to run up there ...

Normally the gem that is logged in and a handful of the gc processes
account for all of the sessions .... but in 3.2, we have started to
multi-thread a number of the functions that do repository scans like
backups and list instances .... as with any set of new new features, we
still ironing out some of the implementation details and for the
multi-threaded operations that means that it is possible for those
operations to consume more sessions than anticipated when the session(s)
created for one multi-threaded operation are not completely cleaned up
before the next multi-threaded operation starts leading to a fatal "too
many sessions logged in" error.

This situation shows up on travis, because I am severely limiting the
number of allowed sessions with only 1 or 2 sessions left as head room -
for example I have disabled the testing of backups for my tODE and
GsDevKit_home travis runs, because backups would routinely fail due to
session starvation.

I don't have a handle on a specific bug number, but I think that 3.2.12
is less susceptible to this problem.

In normal operation you shouldn't see this problem unless you are
running very close to the licensed limits.

Dale