[Glass] Installation is driving me mad ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 19 12:44:57 PST 2016

On 01/16/2016 03:42 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> On 1/16/16 2:55 PM, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
>>
>> Hello Dale,
>> first oft all I am glad that I can continue working in development.
>>
>> I still think that a complete offline Installation would be a very
>> good thing - I still remember all those proxy problems several months
>> ago.
>>
> Yeah I agree on this and it is on my todo list ... At the moment I am
> aware of a couple of packages that are still loaded from a Monticello
> repository and they can be moved to the glass repo ... You can already
> add a copy of the gsUpgrader package to the local disk --- let me know
> if you want instructions for doing so ...

This just took a bounce up the todo list (not to the very top but much
closer to the top) ... with the recent outage for the ss3 network.

While waiting for the network access to return, I started to take a look
at what it might take to achieve this goal[1] ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/54