[Glass] Stone startup delayed by reading

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jun 22 08:44:15 PDT 2016

GLASS mailing list wrote
> When I have a slow startup is usually after a crash or some stone abnormal
> shutdown. Basically, at startup it starts in recovery mode,
> checking/scanning the tranlog files. That's why it takes longer. After it
> is up, further starts are normal again.

Are you asking for it to work differently than it does? I hope not!
After all, if we don't run the recovery process, what state will the
database be in? Unknown. Unknown and potentially dangerous.

It's best to run it on a stable machine which isn't inclined to crash and on
which you can control the shutdown.