[Glass] Upgrade Grease behind firewall

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jun 28 07:47:20 PDT 2016

On 6/27/16 12:37 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>
> createClient tode1 |& tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
> This command was the last to be executed.
This creates a tODE client but not a stone ...

I'm curious how you created the stone.

> The stone has no Seaside packages installed.
If you were outside a firewall, I would tell you to run the following
command to create a stone that had Seaside3.2 installed:

|createStone -u http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/Seaside32.ston
-i Seaside3 -l Seaside3 Seaside3 3.3.1

The -u option downloads the default project entry for Seaside3. The
default project entry for Seaside3.2 looks like the following:

^ TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
     baseline: 'Seaside3'
       repository: '| github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository|'
       loads: #('Zinc' 'Development' 'Examples');
     installScript: 'project clone --https --local Seaside3
       project install --local
--url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/GsApplicationTools.ston';
     gitCheckout: 'master';
     status: #(#'inactive');
     locked: false;
     yourself

and contains instructions for not only installing Seaside3.2 into a
stone, but includes instructions for cloning the Seaside3 project and
the GsApplicationTools project to the local GsDevKit_home
repositories.... Once a project entry has been downloaded into the
$GS_HOME/sys/local/server/projects directory, subsequent stones can be
built using the following:

||createStone -l Seaside3 Seaside3 3.3.1

and the locally cloned Seaside repository will be used for the load ...

If you want to avoid the need to get ssh downloads working behind your
firewall, I suggest that you first create a stone with everything you
want loaded into it starting with the above Seaside stone (which version
of Seaside 3 are you using?) --- and use project entries for all of the
github projects that you may be using ... using project entries means
that you will have local clones of the projects and when moved behind
the firewall you will be able to build a stone without needing to hit
the network for loading the github repos ... given the fact that you've
apparently solved the the "http through the firewall problem" having
local clones of the github repositories is exactly what you need ...