[Glass] netldi / gemtools connection error

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 1 00:17:29 PST 2016

Hi Dale,

> Let's see, I've got a testLogin command in tODE that gives me better diagnostics ...

I need to catch up on tODE ;)
I’ll see to get there so I can send you the info of that command.

> So think I'd like to see the error message that is associated with the failed login  ... I assume that you are getting a client-side stack, so extracting the errMsg (I think) from the GcIErrSType instance would perhaps give some clue …

Client-side, the error is a Gci31xErrSType64 instance with the following messageText:

'The connection to the Stone Repository monitor was refused:
, '

> Also a look at the netldi logfile and the stone log file might shed additional light …

I am attaching those logs files here.

btw: the Linux firewall (iptables) is turned off.
Google compute engine vm instances have 2 ips: an internal and an external ip. I do suspect this has something to do with it but I’m not sure where Gemstone / netldi goes wrong with that.

thanks for all the help
Johan