[Glass] netldi / gemtools connection error

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 1 14:53:27 PST 2016

Okay ... we see that you did get a gem log, so that means that you are
connecting to the netldi and getting the gem launched, but you are not
connecting to the stone for some reason ... we ought to print some of
that info to the gem log, but we don't currently (I'm submitting a bug:).

The stone was started as `seaside`, so I'm curious what you GemTools
login information looks like just to be sure ...

Also I am wondering if  `/bin/hostname` and `/etc/hosts` are
consistent...`/bin/hostname` needs to be in `/etc/hosts` ...

Finally, we can get more information about what might be going wrong by
stopping the netldi and setting the following env var and then
restarting the netldi:

   export GEMSTONE_SOCKET_DEBUG=1

This time when you attempt to login from GemTools, you should get a
bunch of information dumped to the gem log ... a fresh set of
stone/gem/netldi logs would then help us figure things out ...

Dale