[Glass] Gemtools login problematic

Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 10 03:35:43 PST 2016

Dale,

> Dario,
>
> If you have tODE installed, I would like you try the `testLogin` command, since it gives me a nice report about what might be going wrong ...

	I open the connection from my macBook with:

		ssh -X 192.168.1.10 -l scandella -L 57858:localhost:57858

	In the hosts file on the macBook i have defined:  	192.168.1.10  scandella ftp.scandella

	I do the command from tODE.

	The system after 16 seconds answer:

Stone            : !TCP at localhost#server!gestionale
Stone host       : scandella
GemStone version : 3.1.0.6
cpu kind         : x86_64
GLASS version    : >=1.0-beta.9.2 [ConfigurationOfGLASS]
Metacello version: >=1.0-beta.32.1 [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
GLASS1:
       repository: /opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/logs/github-cache/glassdb/glass/master/glassdb-glass-95c08bf/repository
Tode:
       repository: /opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/logs/github-cache/dalehenrich/tode/master/dalehenrich-tode-727f474/repository

	After i open the tODE shell gestionale. 		The system answer in 1 second.

	The tODE commands works fine.

> If you try to use port forwarding for GemTools[1], we will eliminate a couple of variables..
>
> Now I notice that in your gslist, that the netldi is reported as `frozen` and that could be an issue.
>
> If you could send us a copy of the netldi log file we might be able to understand what might be going on ... but I don't think a frozen netldi is a good thing ...

	I don't have the netldi.log  in the  directory  gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/logs

	It's strange ?

	But the	> scandella at scandella:/opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/product/bin$ ./gslist -x

		report:
gestionale

  status=  exists

  type=    Stone

  version= 3.1.0.6

  owner=   scandella

  started= mar 09 23:14

  pid=     2030

  port=    48678

  logfile= /opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/logs/gestionale.log

  sysconf= /opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/extents/system.conf

  GEMSTONE=/opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/product

gestionale~9af495ccd1149d82

  status=  exists

  type=    cache

  version= 3.1.0.6

  owner=   scandella

  started= mar 09 23:14

  pid=     2032

  port=    51188

  options=  maxPages=131072, maxClients=49, spinCount=5000 targetFreeFrameCount=7000 numFFPgsvrs=1 numSharedCounters=1900 monitorPort=0

  logfile= /opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/logs/gestionale_2032pcmon.log

  GEMSTONE=/opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/product

gs64ldi

  status=  exists

  type=    Netldi

  version= 3.1.0.6

  owner=   scandella

  started= mar 09 23:14

  pid=     2015

  port=    50377

  options=  -g -a scandella

  logfile= /opt/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log

  GEMSTONE=/opt/oodb/gsDevKitHome/gemstone/stones/gestionale/product

> Also I'd like to see a copy of the settings you are using to log into your stone from GemTools ...

	OGCustomSessionDescription new
	name: 'Scandella3106 gestionale save';
	stoneHost: 'scandella';
	stoneName: 'gestionale';
	gemHost: 'scandella';
	netLDI: '50377';
	gemTask: 'gemnetobject';
	userId: 'DataCurator';
	password: 'password';
	osUserId: '';
	osPassword: '';
	backupDirectory: '';
	dataDirectory: '';
	yourself.

> Ip address changes could affect how GemTools host resolves ip addresses or how the stone resolves the host name for your GemTools host ...

	Thanks for considerations,

		Dario