[Glass] LZ4 for backups in the near future?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Mar 11 04:54:46 PST 2016

Hi guys,

I was reading the release notes of 3.3 and I was very glad to see you
started using LZ4. I made a Pharo wrapper for LZ4 [1] long ago when I was
testing Fuel serializer with compressed streams.

Anyway, I was very happy with LZ4 performance. My backups of the extent
takes quite some time in the compressing part (much more than in the
smalltalk side!). So I was wondering if using LZ4 is in the plans or not (I
read in the release notes that this is NOT used currently for backups...but
I wonder if there is a technical reason or only a matter of time).

Thanks in advance,

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~marianopeck/LZ4