[Glass] Restart the gs64ldi service

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Mar 11 10:19:14 PST 2016

On 03/11/2016 07:59 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao Dale,  Mariano,
>
> thanks for your help,
>
> now all works fine.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) i can have two netldi service open for the same environment.
>
> The system when startup open the standard  50377  service.
>
> After, the first time  i need to login with ssh forwarding,
>
> i create the : startnetldi - a scandella -g -p 55325:55325 -P 55320
> gs64ldi
>
> Can this service run always ?  Or i need to stopnetldi this service
> when i end the ssh sessions?
>
> Can this services  ( 50377 and 55320 ) exist together ?
Yes

> 2) For the remote use on internet  i remember about compression:alias
> ssh-x='ssh -c arcfour,blowfish-cbc -XC'
>
> but this is only for X11 forwarding  (  it's not for SSH forwarding ) ?
That particular form is for X11 forwarding, but I think that the
compression is used for all ssh packets, so it might help with gci
session round trips as well and could be added to the netldi port
forwarding ssh call

> 3) when i open a tODE session tode 1 >
>
>  what should I do for commit - abort  ?
>
> I can leave open the tODE session without worry?
I haven't made tODE safe for avoiding commit record backlogs, but some
recent work I've been doing for Tugrik makes me think that it would be
possible. I've submitted Issue #244[1] for tODE ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/issues/244