[Glass] Cron script

Otto Behrens via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Mar 13 21:41:10 PDT 2016

> First questions is relative to topaz call.
>
> When this script call the topaz it required a netldi service run on the
> server ?

No, because if you run topaz on the same machine as the server, you
can just run topaz and log in.

> If yes it required a specific netldi port ?
>
> How the system manage this link?
>
> If i  launching  a direct topaz session i  need to define the netldi port
> with  :   set gemn !tcp at scandella#netldi:50xxx#task!gemnetobject
>

> Second question:
>
> My environment use the default   Seaside maintenance VM.
>
> Now the script,  before the backup,  call:
> run
>
> ObjectLogEntry emptyLog
>
> %
>
> commit
>

> It's correct ?
>
> I think the backup is cleaned without Object entry.
>
> Or the system required a markForCollect cycle before ?

ObjectLogEntries are persisted and emptyLog just disconnects log
entries. If you have an epoch gc running, it will garbage collect
them, but because you're running a script like here, the log entries
themselves will not be GC'ed.

You have to run markForCollection but then wait for the reclaim as
well (or do reclaimAll).

HTH