[Glass] How to find a string in a large number of strings ...

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Mar 18 14:34:35 PDT 2016

I want to find a string in a very large number of strings (3 millions
and increasing).

Should one use a simple Set ?

 -> means, that lots of memory is used and perhaps lots of RAM is needed
    in the GEM ... (total memory at least 40 Mbyte of data). Swapping ?

Should I use an UnorderedCollection of Strings with Index (Equality) ?

 -> how do I set an index on a set with Strings ?

 -> perhaps like:
       aSetOfStrings createEqualityIndexOn: '' withLastElementClass:
String ?

Another problem is, that these strings-set change two times the day ...
mostly adding strings.

Any hint ?

Marten

--