[Glass] Where should I put my own bash scripts in GsDevKit_home?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 9 13:47:31 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/16 1:35 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
>

> 2) Say I do want to commit all that directory into my own git fork. Where
> in gsDevKit_home configuration  can I tell it which URL/branch should be
> used for GsDevKit/GsDevKit_sys_local ?

First you will add a remote pointing at your fork of the project on Github:

  git remote add mine git at github.com:marianopeck/GsDevKit_sys_local.git

Then you will create the file
$GS_HOME/sys/local/gsdevkit_bin/defGsDevKit.env with the following contents:

  export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT=mine
  export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE=<branch-name>

You will want to create a unique branch in your fork to manage your
changes, so that you can keep the master branch clean for updates.

updateGsDevKit will:
  1. git checkout master
  2. git pull origin master
  3. git checkout <branch-name>