[Glass] XML Parser failing with travis

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 21 11:46:14 PST 2016

Bruno,

I think that this is a recently introduced bug --- possibly in
XML-Writer-Core-monty.52 [1]. I looked at the first build that failed
for you 20 days ago and then looked at the previous master build that
ran successfully and in that build the only noticable difference in the
XML packages is that the green test uses XML-Writer-Core-monty.51.

So it looks like the XML code base moved out from under you ...
Since the XML code isn't on github it is very likely that the update was
made without testing the changes against GemStone ...

Hmm, there is also a change to the ConfigurationOfXMLParser version ...
green is using ConfigurationOfXMLParser-monty.248 and failing is using
ConfigurationOfXMLParser-monty.259

Finally the error is actually coming from the method
ConfigurationOfXMLParser>>forceInitializationOfClassAndClassInstanceVariables
... which is in the configuration itself, so it might only be necessary
to patch the ConfigurationOfXMLParser configuration ...

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/172398503#L2029

[2] https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/162513975#L1718