[Glass] GemStone compiler errors

Paul Baumann via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Nov 24 12:42:43 PST 2016

I suspect there is a much easier way to solve whatever the problem is. I'd
have to know what you are trying to do though.

For example, instead of compiling code each time you might have previously
compiled methods that answer a BlockClosure that you then evaluate with any
arguments.

Blocks and methods have a fixed number of arguments. It is nearly always
appropriate to pass a collection of things as one of the arguments. If you
really do need code that handles a variable number of arguments then you'd
use basically a case statement that would use the correct private block or
method for the arguments passed. Such a case statement is very rare though.

On Nov 24, 2016 3:03 PM, "lautarox via Glass" <