[Glass] GemStone compiler errors

Paul Baumann via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Nov 24 12:20:04 PST 2016

Bruno,

If those are double quotes then you are compiling a comment, and that would
never have a compiler error. If those are two single quotes then you are
compiling code that might answer a string, that would not error either.
Neither would compile to a method though.

Lautarox,

I don't have an environment to see the code and test this right now, but I
might be able to get you looking in the right direction.

You are compiling a method for what class? I suspect that if context is nil
then you should remove methodName from the source code. nil context would
be a doit method that might not be expected to be added to the
methodDictionary of a class. The compiler code might even add a #doit
method name to the source code if nil context.

It is not normal to have to call private methods that start with an
underscore. You might look at senders to see if there is a public method
that does what you want. I know, many times the public methods do not exist
for what you need.