[Glass] ansible, daemontools, GsDevKit_home questions - extent directory

PAUL DEBRUICKER via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Nov 25 11:36:47 PST 2016

Hi Dale,

I've got some time this weekend to get the GsDevKit_daemontools project working (https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_daemontools), and to also try to get GsDevKit_home configured with ansible (https://www.ansible.com).

The goal is to have the 3.3.1 extent on one partition, tranlogs on another, and daemontools making sure the stone and gems are running/restarted when they die.

I think I can get the stone.env set up properly.  When creating a stone is there a way to set where the extent should be created?  It looks like the

GsDevKitNewExtentCommandLineHandler>>#newExtent

command doesn't use the $GEMSTONE_DATADIR environment variable.

Thanks

Paul