[Glass] Object creation timestamp

Bill Erickson via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Dec 6 16:21:19 PST 2017

Bruno,

If you still have the tranlogs that were generated when you suspect these
objects were created, you can use the $GEMSTONE/bin/searchlogs script to
scan the tranlogs for selected oops and print out information about them
(creation, changes, gc activity).  Another useful script for tranlog
analysis is $GEMSTONE/bin/printLogs.  Run these with -h for more details on
usage.  The information printed out by these is *very* low-level (they were
originally developed to assist GemTalk Developers in analyzing system
behavior and diagnosing bugs) and can be challenging for customers to use,
but can be useful once you're familiar with the output they generate.  Note
that changes to these objects will also appear in the tranlogs, as well as
events related to earlier "incarnations" of the same oop and when the oop
was garbage collected, so some interpretation and analysis will be needed.

Since you're not sure exactly when this happened, you may only be able to
*try* and find when it happened by using searchlogs on as many tranlogs as
you have available and hoping for the best.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Bill Erickson
GemTalk Systems Engineering
15220 NW Greenbrier Parkway #240, Beaverton OR 97006

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:44 PM, BrunoBB via Glass <