[Glass] Metacello: getting more info on a project

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat Dec 9 00:07:21 PST 2017

Hi Dale,

On 08/12/2017 00:44, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> Right now there is no API for asking these questions programmatically
> ... Personally I simply read the baseline spec to find the answers to
> these questions ... In practice that once you know what groups there are
> you will want to know what packages are in the group and of course the
> answer to all of these questions is that it depends up upon a lot of
> different information (what platform and platform version or you
> interested in ... and so on)...

Thanks. Being able to interrogate what Metacello found via tha API would
be great... ;-) Then I dont have to rely on my interpretation of the
code in someone else's BaselineOf/ConfigurationOf. That code can be
structured in multiple ways and cater for all kinds of advanced corner
cases. It would be nice not to have to read it...and thus to have had to
master a bigger chunk of the learning curve of Metacello just to be able
to pull in (possibly complex) projects of others.

Regards
Iwan

--

Reahl, the Python only web framework / www.reahl.org