[Glass] "Transcript enableLoggingToGemLogFileForSession" not working anymore?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 2 10:32:29 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <

> Mariano,
>
> When you run topaz the log file is written to stdout. In order to get a
> "log file" for a topaz session, you either capture stdout/stderr via output
> redirection or you can use the topaz `output` to route stdout/stderr to
> another file ... note that you have to supply the full path when using the
> `output` command.
>
> I would recommend using output redirection when you want to create a log
> for topaz, because output redirection picks up the startup banner which
> includes a lot of useful information about the session...

OK, I understand that. But then, why below script:

#!/bin/bash

$GS_HOME/bin/startTopaz $1 -l <<EOF

login
run
Transcript enableLoggingToGemLogFileForSession.
Transcript show: 'wtf'.
%

commit
logout
exit

EOF

Does not print 'wtf' in stdout ?  See the output:

topaz> login
[Info]: libssl-3.3.3-64.so: loaded
[02/02/2017 13:31:55.942 EST]
  gci login: currSession 2  rpc gem processId 13381 socket 6
successful login
 fileformat is now utf8
sourcestringclass is now Unicode16
topaz 2> run

Transcript enableLoggingToGemLogFileForSession.
Transcript show: 'wtf'.

%
TranscriptProxy
topaz 2>
topaz 2> commit
Successful commit
topaz 2> logout
topaz> exit
...finished :: startTopaz debrisDemo_333 -l
[quuve at quuveserver1 upgrade]$