[Glass] "Transcript enableLoggingToGemLogFileForSession" not working anymore?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Feb 3 10:36:46 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> It works for me... output below ... When I look at tyour output, I see
> that you are doing an rpc login:
> topaz> login
> [Info]: libssl-3.3.3-64.so: loaded
> [02/02/2017 13:31:55.942 EST]
>   gci login: currSession 2  rpc gem processId 13381 socket 6
> successful login
>  fileformat is now utf8
> sourcestringclass is now Unicode16
>
> so you probably left the `-l` off of the command line .. in the rpc case
> the logfile is created and then deleted on successful logout ...

OK, good spot. It was not that, but related. It seems that in the .topaz
ini of the stone I was trying I had the

topaz> set gemnetid !tcp at xxx#netldi:debrisDemo_333_ldi#task!gemnetobject

On another stone in which I DO NOT set above magic line, the same scripts
receives a linked session (it honors -l).

So the problem is that if I define the above line in .topazini then the -l
argument is completly ignored in `startTopaz`. This looks wrong to me. Of
course, if I remove that line from .topazini it does work correctly.

Thoughts?