[Glass] Cannot backup anymore while Seaside gems are running

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Feb 6 07:27:35 PST 2017

Hi,

Previously I was able to make backups while my Seaside gems were running.
Now, whenever I try to make a backup while they are running, I get this
error:

* 'Please wait until system is no longer voting and try again'*

Of course I get that error even after shutting down the stone and starting
again. And even waiting for a long time.

The way I make the backups are:

$GS_HOME/bin/todeIt $stoneName bu backup --commit $backupfile

Both `system.conf` and `gem.conf` have this setting:

$GS_HOME/bin/todeIt $stoneName bu backup --commit $backupfile

Now...if I shut down the seaside gems, the backup does work.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am on GemStone 3.3.3.

Thanks,