[Glass] Automatic increment policies of extent0.dbf size

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat Feb 11 11:01:32 PST 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Paul DeBruicker via Glass <

> I just had an out-of-disk error with another service that shares a disk
> with
> my 3.3.1 stone because my extent0.dbf file had grown to ~23GB in size.
> After going through the "shrink the repository" procedure the extent is now
> 680MB.
>

> IS there a way to prevent the extent from growing indefinitely with empty
> space or should I just make a plan to go through the "shrink the repo"
> process on a regular basis?

I do that. As far as I know, the extent will never decrease on size
automatically. It may increase the "free" space on it, but AFAIK, growing
the extent is expensive. Hence, I guess they do not automatically shrink to
avoid possible grown up again.
So...I compact the extent on a regular basis.
I have a GsDevKit_home script for that if you want.

Cheers,