[Glass] Where should I put my own bash scripts in GsDevKit_home?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 31 08:33:54 PST 2017

On 01/30/2017 07:08 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass
> <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Dale Henrichs
>     <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
>     <mailto:dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>

>         On 11/9/16 1:35 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
>

>         2) Say I do want to commit all that directory into my own git
>         fork. Where in gsDevKit_home configuration  can I tell it
>         which URL/branch should be used for GsDevKit/GsDevKit_sys_local ?
>

>     First you will add a remote pointing at your fork of the project
>     on Github:
>
>       git remote add mine
>     git at github.com:marianopeck/GsDevKit_sys_local.git
>
>     Then you will create the file
>     $GS_HOME/sys/local/gsdevkit_bin/defGsDevKit.env with the following
>     contents:
>
>       export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT=mine
>       export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE=<branch-name>
>

> Hi Dale,
>
> Is this still accurate? I cannot see neither defGsDevKit nor the
> variable. I do see defSharedGitDevKit.env  but grep shows nothing. Any
> idea?

Yes this is accurate.

Look at $GS_HOME/shared/bin/defGsDevKit.env and you will see that
$GS_HOME/sys/local/gsdevkit_bin/defGsDevKit.env is conditionally `sourced`.

The env vars  GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT and
GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE are used in $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit so
that your checkout/branch will be used instead of the defaults ...

I do think that I reversed the values for the env vars. It should have been:

   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT=<branch-name>
   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE=mine