[Glass] Where should I put my own bash scripts in GsDevKit_home?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 31 09:54:23 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 01/30/2017 07:08 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <
> glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Dale Henrichs <
>> dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 11/9/16 1:35 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
>>>

>>> 2) Say I do want to commit all that directory into my own git fork.
>>> Where in gsDevKit_home configuration  can I tell it which URL/branch should
>>> be used for GsDevKit/GsDevKit_sys_local ?
>>>

>> First you will add a remote pointing at your fork of the project on
>> Github:
>>
>>   git remote add mine git at github.com:marianopeck/GsDevKit_sys_local.git
>>
>> Then you will create the file $GS_HOME/sys/local/gsdevkit_bin/defGsDevKit.env
>> with the following contents:
>>
>>   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT=mine
>>   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE=<branch-name>
>>

> Hi Dale,
>
> Is this still accurate? I cannot see neither defGsDevKit nor the variable.
> I do see defSharedGitDevKit.env  but grep shows nothing. Any idea?
>
> Yes this is accurate.
>
> Look at $GS_HOME/shared/bin/defGsDevKit.env and you will see that
> $GS_HOME/sys/local/gsdevkit_bin/defGsDevKit.env is conditionally
> `sourced`.

Sorry, but I am not seeing the same (I am on gs_port just in case). In my
clone `$GS_HOME/shared/bin/defGsDevKit.env` they are conditionally sourced
either of `defSharedRepoDevKit.env` or `defSharedGitDevKit.env`. But not
`defGsDevKit.env`.

I think you mean that I should look at `$GS_HOME/sys/bin/defGsDevKit.env`
 ( that is... s/shared/sys) and then yes, I see it.  I am just noting this
for possible future readers of this thread.

> The env vars  GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT and
> GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE are used in $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit so
> that your checkout/branch will be used instead of the defaults ...

OK, good, now `grep` did find those.

> I do think that I reversed the values for the env vars. It should have
> been:
>
>   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_CHECKOUT=<branch-name>
>   export GSDEVKIT_SYS_LOCAL_GIT_REMOTE=mine

Yes, that's the way they should be!

Thanks Dale