[Glass] tODE being disconnected on long "do-its"

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jan 31 11:54:28 PST 2017

Hi guys,

It already happens to me since a long time. I am using tODE on my local
machine to connect to remote stones on server. I do this via SSH and
everything seems to work. However, it happens that when I evaluate
something from a workspace that may takes several minutes, then my tODE
image does not respond anymore. The gem does not continue either and I must
kill the image. Contrary when I run small do it from a workspace, I have no
problem.

Maybe it is related to SSH and keep alive or something? It seems related to
the fact I do nothing with tODE (as I can't because tODE gem is locked by
running whatever I evaluated in a workspace).

>From the gemnetobject log all I can see is:

****** Abnormal Shutdown at 01/31/2017 13:25:22 EST
GemStone: Error         Fatal
Network error - text follows:
socket read EOF
Error Category: 231169 [GemStone] Number: 4137  Arg Count: 0 Context : 20
exception : 20

On pcmon log I see:

[01/31/17 13:25:22.396 EST]: Client died: Slot    8, PID   28431,
LostOtFlags    0, sessionId 5 Name Gem15
[01/31/17 13:25:22.396 EST]: Starting crashed client recovery: Slot 8, PID
28431, Name Gem15
    Cleaned up locked/pinned frame 101760 for crashed process 28431
(pte.lockedPageFrameId)
    Cleaned up locked/pinned frame 50206 for crashed process 28431
(pte.otCachePinnedFrames)
    Cleaned up locked/pinned frame 26906 for crashed process 28431
(pte.otCachePinnedFrames)
    Cleaned up locked/pinned frame 76553 for crashed process 28431
(pte.otCachePinnedFrames)
    Disposing free frame cache from slot 8:  9 of 9 frames recovered.
    Disposing free PCE cache from slot 8:  9 of  9 PCEs recovered.
[01/31/17 13:25:24.474 EST]: Finished crashed client recovery: Slot 8, PID
28431, Name Gem15

And on my client machine console I see:

 ❯ channel 12: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

Does this happen to you too? Any ideas / workaround ?

Thanks