[Glass] Multiple entries for same class in out of memory crash report .csv file

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jun 28 12:17:59 PDT 2017

Mariano,

Here's Allen's response:

The csv file includes data on each region of temp obj memory, and always
includes oops.

topaz> login
successful login
topaz 1> run
| a | a := { } .
[ true ] whileTrue:[ a add: (String new:1000)]
%
*********** Fatal error 4067 OutOfMemory *****
Wrote object memory usage to topaz32098.csv
ERROR 4067 , VM temporary object memory is full
, old space overflow
topaz> quit

% egrep -e '^String|Instances|className'  topaz32098.csv
Instances counts for generation all
className,classOop,numberOfInstances,totalSizeInBytes
String,74753,39535,40268208
StringKeyValueDictionary,79873,2,272
Instances counts for generation new
className,classOop,numberOfInstances,totalSizeInBytes
String,74753,2599,2661376
Instances counts for generation pom
className,classOop,numberOfInstances,totalSizeInBytes
String,74753,2,72
StringKeyValueDictionary,79873,2,272
Instances counts for generation old
className,classOop,numberOfInstances,totalSizeInBytes
String,74753,36934,37606760
Instances counts for generation perm
className,classOop,numberOfInstances,totalSizeInBytes
Instances counts for generation code