[Glass] Workaround to browser maximum connection limit ?

Martin McClure via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Mar 20 17:32:44 PDT 2017

On 03/20/2017 05:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
> This change was nice and improved performance. However, when I analyze
> requests, I see that I have many that are "Stalled". And yeah, on
> Chrome, they are all stalled when there is more than 6 requests to the
> same location.
>
> To conclude, it looks like i am doing what is called "Loading page
> content with many Ajax requests" [1]. But I still don't find an easy
> workaround. I would like to be able to use my 10 Gems over the 8 CPU
> cores....

It's not clear to me whether the max parallel connections limit is
really "same domain" or "same host." Same host (IP address) makes more
sense, possibly. Either way, you could double the limit by giving your
machine two IP addresses (or map it to two domains, if that's what the
browser cares about) and spreading the requests around.

A hack and a nuisance, yes, but I don't immediately see any better option.

Regards,

-Martin