[Glass] gemstone again,

Juan via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 1 09:33:36 PDT 2017

Dale!,

I did it! without result.
I used dataCurator user and p swordfish, but the strange thing is that the log
says that the error is from the user glass.

01/11/17 13:23:58 ART Authorization Warning:
    Incorrect password for user 'glass'.
    error = Password validation failed for user glass,
pam_authenticate error: 9, Authentication service can not retrieve
authentication info

That log, is using DataCurator and swordfish.

Maybe I made some mistake of ownership of the files.
because the linux user is glass. and somewhere in the installation, I
also put glass as user in gemstone.
No password works, the base is empty, I should restart the passwod but
for that I need to log in :(.
I'm using the version

| GemStone / S64 Object-Oriented Data Management System |
| Copyright (C) GemTalk Systems 1986-2017 |
| All rights reserved. |
+ -------------------------------------------------
---------------------------- +
| PROGRAM: NETLDI, GemStone Network Daemon |
| VERSION: 3.4.0, Thu Oct 19 11:19:41 2017 |
| BUILD: gss64_3_4_x_branch-42785 |
| BUILT FOR: x86-64 (Linux) |
| MODE: 64 bit |
| RUNNING ON: 2-CPU gemstone x86_64 (Linux 4.4.0-98-generic # 121-Ubuntu SMP Tue
| Oct 10 14:24:03 UTC 2017) 2000MB |
| PROCESS ID: 2317 DATE: 01/11/17 12:59:57 ART |
| USER IDS: REAL = glass (1000) EFFECTIVE = root (0) LOGIN = glass (1000) |

Sorry, do not ask before, is this the correct list for this problem?

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
regards

  Juan Cortez

ps: my next question is to use GsDevKit_home project [1] on GitHub