[Glass] Thanks to Monty, SIXX updated to latest XMLParser!

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Apr 24 11:28:13 PDT 2018

Hi guys,

Several months ago I kindly asked Monty if he would be able to use all his
XML knowledge to update GemStone's SIXX.

I very much appreciate what he did. And even if it might break
materialization of existing files, I believe its totally worth. Until now,
SIXX was using an INCREDIBLE OLD GemStone-specific XMLSupport package that
nobody maintained. XML has evolved other the years and Pharo code is a
million years ahead. In addition, it was quite hard to keep an app working
on Pharo and GemStone because of this difference.

With these changes, SIXX can now use the Pharo's up to date XMLParser,
which is super cool. I verified his code loads, runs, and tests are with
the same results as before the changes. I then packaged everything to
submit on github and created a PR for it [1].

Thanks Monty!

Cheers,

[1]  https://github.com/glassdb/SIXX/pull/4