[Glass] Another metacello loading puzzle: xml

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 24 07:35:28 PST 2018

Hi Dale,

On 23/01/2018 02:26, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> So you are referring to the following MNU?:
>
>     a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a GRGemStonePlatform
>     does not understand  #'bindingOf:'
[snip]
> So it looks like you need to update to a later version of Grease at a
> minimum or use an older version of Seaside --- from the transcript you
> are using the latest version of Seaside, so you really should be using
> the latest version of "everything", but I don't know what version of
> Seaisde your application was written against ... and the Seaside version
> should be your driving factor for moving on from here ...

Thanks for that. I should have looked closer. This was due to our git
clones arrangement - they were all reset to older commits as part of our
build process. I have fixed that now and can happily load on/off network
on GS3.4

I can also load the exact same baseline overNetwork on pharo3.0, but
still have issues when I try it on pharo 6 or on pharo3 NOT overNetwork.

I am ignoring pharo for the moment so that I can first sort out issues
in our own code (this also upgrades seaside and magritte and the XML
projects for us)..... and will then bug the Pharo-users list when I am
ready to tackle that issue.

Thanks for your patient attention!
- Iwan