[Glass] Another metacello loading puzzle: xml

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jan 26 05:58:15 PST 2018

On 01/24/2018 07:35 AM, Iwan Vosloo via Glass wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>

> On 23/01/2018 02:26, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
>> So you are referring to the following MNU?:
>>
>>     a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a GRGemStonePlatform
>>     does not understand  #'bindingOf:'
> [snip]
>> So it looks like you need to update to a later version of Grease at a
>> minimum or use an older version of Seaside --- from the transcript
>> you are using the latest version of Seaside, so you really should be
>> using the latest version of "everything", but I don't know what
>> version of Seaisde your application was written against ... and the
>> Seaside version should be your driving factor for moving on from here
>
> Thanks for that. I should have looked closer. This was due to our git
> clones arrangement - they were all reset to older commits as part of
> our build process. I have fixed that now and can happily load on/off
> network on GS3.4
Well that's good news ...

> I can also load the exact same baseline overNetwork on pharo3.0, but
> still have issues when I try it on pharo 6 or on pharo3 NOT overNetwork.
I can help debug the pharo issues as well ... a transcript from the
build and stack would help me understand what might be going wrong ...
now in pharo the stack can be truncated when is quite inconvenient and I
don't know of a solution to it ... but the first bit is to find out what
the immediate error is in relation to the transcript information and if
I need more stack screen shots are better than nothing:)

> I am ignoring pharo for the moment so that I can first sort out issues
> in our own code (this also upgrades seaside and magritte and the XML
> projects for us)..... and will then bug the Pharo-users list when I am
> ready to tackle that issue.
It is likely to be a Metacello/Monticello issue in pharo as well --- the
actual error and stack would be critical in determining this --- and if
it is I am probably the best person to handle it for Pharo as well :)

Dale