[Glass] TravisCI build run out of memory

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Sep 20 15:56:19 PDT 2018

On 09/18/2018 07:51 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>
> Thanks for your answer i updated my .smalltalk.ston file as:
> SmalltalkCISpec {
>    #configuring : [
>      SCIGemStoneServerConfigSpec {
>       #defaultSessionName : 'travis',
>       #stoneConfPath : 'gemstone/system.conf',
>       #gemConfPath : 'gemstone/gem.conf',
>       #timeZone : 'UTC',
>       #platforms : [ #gemstone, #gemstoneClient ]
>      }
>    ],
>      SCIMetacelloLoadSpec {
>        #baseline : 'BpmFlow',
>        #directory : 'repository',
>        #onWarningLog : true,
>        #load : [ 'default' ],
>        #platforms : [ #gemstone ]
>      }
>    ]
> }
>
> As i understand #gemConfPath and #stoneConfPath are relative to my project
> path ?
> In my case i copied local GS conf files to:
> ../BpmFlow/gemstone
>
> But i still get the same error and in Travis logs i see:
> Using GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE 100000 from -T command line option
>
> How i can remove -T option or change it to 500000 ?
Hmmm, this looks like a bug ... The -T option is used to start the topaz
jobs[1] because the default TOC size for GemStone is/was too small...
and I didn't want to require a gem.conf file for running travis on a
normal basis ... I've submitted a SmalltalkCI issue[2] for this ...

In the mean time, you _can_ fork the smalltalkCI project, edit the
run.sh script in these two spots[3],[4] and then change your .travis.yml
file to point to your own branch[5].

I _am_ in the process of adding Rowan to smalltalkCI[6], so I should be
able to implement the bugfix[2], however, my schedule has been getting
hijacked on a regular basis these days by higher priority tasks and my
todo list continues to grow, so I cannot forecast when I will be able to
get around to addressing the issue properly ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/master/gemstone/run.sh#L246
[2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/issues/396
[3] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/master/gemstone/run.sh#L246