[Glass] Install last master branch of Seaside

Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 25 10:35:31 PDT 2018

Ciao,

> Ciao Dale, Jupiter,
>

>> On 09/20/2018 08:08 AM, dario.trussardi at tiscali.it via Glass wrote:
>>> Ciao,
>>>    i work to load Seaside and Magritte into Gemstone.
>>>
>>>     I have 2 repository:
>>>
>>>         one Gemstone 3.4.1.
>>>         and one Gemstone 3.4.2. ( create today with the command:     createStone base_342 3.4.2  ).
>>>
>>>     The Tode environment manages both.
>>>
>>>    In the site   https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside
>>>         i found this:
>>>         Install in Gemstone
>>>
>>> Install the latest commit from the master branch:
>>>
>>> GsDeployer deploy: [
>>>   Metacello new
>>>     baseline: 'Seaside3';
>>>     repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>>>     onLock: [:ex | ex honor];
>>>     load ].
>>>

>>>     Now when i do this script by Tode workspace the system erase the error:
>>>
>>>         Could not resolve: Seaside-Core [Seaside-Core.gemstone] in cache github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository (4)
>>>
>>>     ( in both systems:   3.4.1  and 3.4.2 )

	I doubt that at the  it was active the	 Seaside3.ston into GsDevKit_home/sys/local/server/project

	It point to:
	 	origin https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31.git (fetch)
		origin  https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31.git (push)

>>>     Some considerations ?
>>>
>> Could you provide the full output from the build ... there might might be useful information in the log output preceding the error ... I just ran the above install script in a 3.4.2 stone and it ran fine ...  I've attached my transcript output to my file ...
>>
>> If you provide the full transcript output of your run, I might be able to tell what is going on ...

> 	Today i submit the same script into 3.4.1 tode workspace 	and it ran fine.
> 	I did not understand what has changed in the meantime.

		most likely i remove the  Seaside3.ston into GsDevKit_home/sys/local/server/project

> 	( The only issue is relative to the Compile error in Class:	 GRPlatformTest 	method: testGreaseString )
>
> 	Now i need to load the Magritte support and Pier CMS in Gemstone.

	For Magritte i submit:

		GsDeployer deploy: [
 			 Metacello new
  				 baseline: 'Magritte';
   				 repository: 'github://Magritte-metamodel/Magritte:master/source';
   			 onLock: [:ex | ex honor];
   		 load ].

	The system could not resolve:

		a) 	Magritte-Merging [Magritte-Merging] in cache github://Magritte-metamodel/Magritte:master/source
		b) 	Magritte-Bootstrap [Magritte-Bootstrap] in cache github://Magritte-metamodel/Magritte:master/source

	These packages are missing into github://Magritte-metamodel/Magritte:master/source

	Considerations ?

	Another questions:

		i can clone  these repository ?

		I fork both but i don't understand how i should proceed.

	Thanks,

		Dario