[Glass] Development integration

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 25 11:44:16 PDT 2018

On 09/25/2018 11:19 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao,
>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> 	i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).
>>

>> 	On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.
>>
>> 		I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.
>>
>> 	For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit :	d24cc327
> 	I do a new development cycle working on new DarioTest package and relative Baseline.
>

>> 	Now in Tode i create a project entry 	based on Pharo:	 		example git repository.
>>
>> 	The relative  tode 	example project log 		report the right commit of the git repository.
>>
>> 	But when i do the 	tode 	baseline  	menu option
>>
>> 		 the system generates: 	 ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' 	in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example
> 	Now all ran fine.
That's good news ...

>> 	I'm in the right directions ?
> 	I heard of Jadeite and Rowan.
Rowan is a new project/package manager for GemStone and Jadeite is a
Dolphin-based client (derived from Jade) for Rowan. These are our first
steps to create an officially supported development environment for
GemStone that includes integrated source code control and a GUI with
debugger/browser as well... neither Rowan nor Jadeite is quite ready for
general use ... We have a commercial customer who is using Rowan and
Jadeite in production, but they are using the system under relatively
controlled conditions ... Eventually we will ship our products with
Rowan installed, but right now, Rowan only runs in GemStone 3.2.15.

Once the work on Rowan/Jadeite is finished we will need to work on
"rowanizing" the GLASS/GsDevkit environment so that there is a smooth
transition between the systems ... the good news is that the actual
packages (and by extension) will not change when a project is
"rowanized" ... it will be a "simple matter" (haha) of changing to a
different project/package manager ...