[Glass] Development integration

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 25 11:34:02 PDT 2018

On 07/06/2018 04:56 AM, dario.trussardi at tiscali.it via Glass wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> 	i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).
>

> 	On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.
>
> 		I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.
>
> 	For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit :	d24cc327
>

> 	Now in Tode i create a project entry 	based on Pharo:	 		example git repository.
>
> 	The relative  tode 	example project log 		report the right commit of the git repository.
>
> 	But when i do the 	tode 	baseline  	menu option
>
> 		 the system generates: 	 ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' 	in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example
I'm suspicious that iceberg is not necessarily cloning the git
repositories the same way that git clones repositories ... tODE expects
that there be an actual working directory created with files and
directories on disk ... iceberg does not necessarily create the working
directory, although I assume that there is a way to set up iceberg so
that the checkout is sharable with GemStone ....

> 	I'm in the right directions ?
This is the right direction ... but I will have to fiddle around with
iceberg myself to see what incantation is needed to share git
repositories between pharo and GemStone ...

> 	Some considerations about development integrations ?
Hopefully some of the folks on this list who are doing develop in
pharo/deploy in GemStone could share some of their tricks and techniques?