[Glass] Working/testing setup with GsDevKit_home

sergio ruiz sergio.rrd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:28:30 PDT 2019

I am using the information from Dale's post [1] to set up my dev environment, but I think I need a bit more handholding. The application is a simple blog, so the data set isn't very complicated. I'd like to set up Pharo 7/8 as the development environment and GemStone as my staging/production setup.

It appears that I can develop as usual in Pharo. Dale mentioned sharing the git clone with Pharo and GemStone staging, I just need to figure out how to set this up. Also, I am unclear on how to set up my main project in Iceberg (Monticello? Metacello) to get this running on the staging system.

Since it's a blog, it would probably be easiest to test on the staging site with current real data. Would I create one tODE client and a  tODE server on my local machine, and a tODE server on my remote production server, then test on my local GemStone and deploy using my local tODE and attaching to the production server? Would I just pull  the full data from the remote GemStone server and use it on the local GemStone server?

1. http://forum.world.st/Setting-up-a-new-project-with-GsDevKit-home-Pharo-7-and-github-tt5099853.html

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.codeandmusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101