[Glass] Issue #260: eliminate reliance on 32 bit devKitCommanLine image -- call for volunteers

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 21 09:57:44 PDT 2019

I have made pretty good process in creating the infrastructure support
needed to start using a 3.5.0 topaz solo extent and gsdevkit_launcher
scripts to replace the use of the 32 bit Pharo devKitCommandLine
image[1], but I will need a couple of more days until things are ready
for folks to start developing the replacement scripts as I've got a
handful of tasks left to finish[2].

I know that when I have finished my infrastructure work, folks will not
be chomping at the the bit  to get started, however, I do want to have
folks who intend to contribute over the next several months to let me
know, so that I can make you a contributor to the `issue_260` team[3]
(you have to be a member to see what's at the end of the link:).

So if you intend to contribute, the best way to get started is to send
me mail with your github id and I'll invite you to the issue_260 team.

The reason I want you on the issue_260 team is so that you will be able
to assign yourself to an open (and unassigned) issue before you start
work on an issue ... in this way we can avoid duplication of effort ...

There is also a github facility for team discussions and as a member of
the team you will be able to contribute to/follow those discussions so
when you find yourself with some time you will know as much as anyone
else about what is going on:) This discussion facility is not public, so
you have be a member just to follow along ...

Anyway, I will be trying to carve up the project into small bit-sized,
independent pieces that should be doable in a day or two, so the
commitment to any one issue should be pretty manageable ... remember
that any time you contribute will save me time in the end and get us to
completion faster, so don't be shy about becoming a member of the team:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/260
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/261
[3] https://github.com/orgs/GsDevKit/teams/issue_260