[Glass] SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Thu Aug 27 03:43:20 PDT 2020

Hi Brodbeck,

This doesn’t answer the question of why you’re not seeing packages on Smalltalk Hub, but for seaside, the main repo is now on GitHub.

To load using tODE try the following in a tODE shell:

——————————————————————
project install --url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/Seaside32.ston
project load --loads=`#('CI')` Seaside3
mount @/sys/stone/dirs/Seaside3/tode /home seaside
seaside/gemServer --register=seaside --type=zinc --ports=`#(8383 8384)`
(or for just one port)
seaside/gemServer --register=seaside --type=zinc --port=8388
seaside/gemServer —restart=seaside
——————————————————————

Seaside should be accessible on the specified port.

I typically use the above method once per GsDevKit install to make sure the scripts referenced in the “mount” command are in the right place.

After that, for any new stone, you can load it from GitHub by running this in a workspace:

——————————————————————
GsDeployer deploy: [
Metacello new
	baseline: 'Seaside3';
	repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
	get;
	load: #('CI');
	lock
]

Then run the “mount,” “register” and “restart” commands to get it up and running.

Dale has written some nice docs at:

https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/gettingStartedWithSeaside.md

Cheers,