[Glass] SmalltalkHub packages not accessible

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Aug 27 12:33:41 PDT 2020

Brodbeck,

I've got a cron travis ci job that started failing yesterday sometime
[1], and I just reran the failing seaside travis tests an hour ago and
they are still failing. You might monitor this thread[2] on the
pharo-dev list to see what the status is ... I scanned the pharo-dev
messages and I'm not sure whether the failing travis tests are happening
becuase the DNS records haven't propagated or the static db is somehow
corrupted ... and at moment I don't have a stack with an explicit url
(not enough info on travis failures) ...

On top of all of this I am working on getting
GLASS/Seaside/GSDevKit_home working for 3.6.0 and that is the order that
I am dealing with issues ... The
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dkh/metacello/main/Metacello-Base-dkh.109.mcz
issue was the first one I ran into and I am working on 3.6.0 GLASS
issues right now and once that is clean I will be able to debug the
Seaside issues --- if they are still present.

If you have a specific mcz file that appears to be missing, that will
help the pharo folks to debug the problem...

As an FYI, when I hit www.smalltalkhub.com in a web browser, I am seeing
what looks like the dynamic interface ... it does not look like a static
site:

... but it certainly looks like there are packages showing up and I can
download mcz files as this download works[4] however, when I hit [5]

which is consistent with the problem you are seeing (and I will report
this information on the pharo-dev list ... so right now it is a bit
confusing to me and all that I know is that things aren't working ... yet(?)

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/721523213
[2]
http://forum.world.st/VOMongoConnectionError-when-dowloading-mcz-from-smalltalkhub-com-tt5120870.html