[Glass] GsDevKit_home - Ubuntu LTS 20.04 support (i386 libraries)

Martin McClure martin.mcclure at gemtalksystems.com
Sat Jul 11 12:08:46 PDT 2020

Hi Marten,

OpenSSL 1.0.x is fairly out of date. OpenSSL 1.1.0 was released almost
four years ago, so it's not surprising that newer Linux distros don't
include 1.0.x.

However, recent Pharo VMs include libssl.so.1.0.0 within their lib
directory. If you're using a version of the Pharo VM too old to include
that, you might be able to copy that library from a newer Pharo VM.

Also note that the shell script that Pharo uses to launch a VM
manipulates LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the VM can find its plugins -- I
don't know whether Pharo depends on LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find libssl.so.1.0.0.

Regards,
-Martin