[Glass] Error installing DevKit_345

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 11 12:23:10 PDT 2020

On 3/11/20 10:33 AM, Ralph Mauersberger via Glass wrote:

> Bruno, Dale,
>
> thank you for your support. I finally got it working.
>
> I did not try Brunos suggestion so far, because I first wanted to
> spend a bit of time in investigation in the SSL-libs issue. Luckily I
> found this issue https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/221
> which contains a workaround that works for me. However, I don't really
> unterstand how the issue is related to the used Linux distro when the
> solution is just updating a lib which is part of pharo itself. Anyway,
> my stone is runnig...

Ralph,

In Issue #221, Johan doesn't metnion which version of Linux he is
running on so the particular error still could be OS related, because in
practice it seems that Ubuntu distros are not subject to this failure
mode ...

Back in December I thought I would have some time to add the library
update to the pharo download script, but that "free" time has yet to
materalize, since the library update _should_ be done as part of the
download ...

I've tagged some of these bugs with a label[1], so that when I do find
the free time to work on GsDevKit_home again, I will hopefully focus on
those issues ...

Of course, if someone else has the time and inclination to fix this
particular problem and submit a PR, that would great! I've never met a
pull request that I didn't like:)

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Abug