[Glass] Error installing DevKit_345

Ralph Mauersberger ralph.mauersberger at gmx.net
Wed Mar 11 10:33:51 PDT 2020

Bruno, Dale,

thank you for your support. I finally got it working.

I did not try Brunos suggestion so far, because I first wanted to spend
a bit of time in investigation in the SSL-libs issue. Luckily I found
this issue https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/221 which
contains a workaround that works for me. However, I don't really
unterstand how the issue is related to the used Linux distro when the
solution is just updating a lib which is part of pharo itself. Anyway,
my stone is runnig...

Best regards,

Ralph

Am 10.03.2020 um 18:54 schrieb Dale Henrichs via Glass:

> [...]
> is likely to be related to CentOS 7.6 rather than Pharo.
>
> Travis-CI runs on Ubuntu 16.04 and the Pharo downloads are working
> there. I use 18.04 myself and things work there as well.
>
> I don't have access to a CentOS 7.6 machine, so I can't necessarily
> debug your issue myself ...
>
> It _is_ Pharo3.0 that is being used at the moment and the issue does
> look like a problem downloading from an HTTPS host, so SSL is likely
> to be the culprit ... Pharo 3.0 is a 32 bit application, so it might
> be that the the 32 bit SSL libraries need to be explicitly installed?
>
> Dale
>
> On 3/9/20 2:16 PM, Ralph Mauersberger via Glass wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm running in the exact same issue on CentOS 7.6. Following the
>> instructions on
>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/installation/installDevKitServer.md,
>>
>> the installServer part works without any trouble but createStone fails.
>>
>> Beside the output below, Bruno also already posted the full stack from
>> PharoDebug.log. Mine looks identical...
>>
>> Downloading https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/zipball/pharo3.0 via
>> wget works, so there is no general network or github server issue.
>>
>> I'm not sure, but could it be that the SSL/TLS version used by
>> Zinc/Zodiac is only TLS1.0 which is outdated and no longer supported by
>> github according to
>> https://github.blog/2018-02-01-crypto-removal-notice/?
>>
>> Any ideas how to fix this or how I can work around this issue? Can I do
>> the download (and unzip?) manually to skip this part of the script?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Ralph
>>

>> Am 18.02.2020 um 18:19 schrieb BrunoBB via Glass:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Trying to install devKit_345 with:
>>> createStone devKit_345 3.4.5 |& tee -a $GS_HOME/install.log
>>>
>>> Output:
>>> create gsDevKitCommandLine.image image using
>>> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st
>>>

>>> Fetched -> BaselineOfMetacello-EstebanLorenzano.97 ---
>>> filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository
>>>
>>> ---
>>> filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository
>>>
>>> Loaded -> BaselineOfMetacello-EstebanLorenzano.97 ---
>>> filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository
>>>
>>> ---
>>> filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository

>>> ...RETRY->BaselineOfFileTree
>>> ...RETRY->BaselineOfFileTree'Errors in script loaded from
>>> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st'
>>>
>>> ConnectionClosed: Connection closed while waiting for data.
>>> Socket>>waitForDataFor: in Block: [ ConnectionClosed signal:
>>> 'Connection
>>> closed whil...etc...
>>> Socket>>waitForDataFor:ifClosed:ifTimedOut:
>>> Socket>>waitForDataFor:
>>> ZdcSecureSocketStream(ZdcAbstractSocketStream)>>socketWaitForData
>>> ZdcSecureSocketStream>>readEncryptedBytes:startingAt:count:
>>> ZdcSecureSocketStream>>connect
>>> ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrlDirectly:
>>> ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrl:
>>> ZnNetworkingUtils class>>socketStreamToUrl:
>>> ZnClient>>getConnectionAndExecute
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithRedirectsRemaining:
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining: in Block: [ self
>>> executeWithRedirectsRemaining: self maxNumb...etc...
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining:
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ self
>>> executeWithRetriesRemaining:
>>> self numberOfR...etc...
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ ...
>>> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
>>> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
>>> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
>>> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
>>> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
>>> ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
>>> ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
>>> ZnSignalProgress(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> ZnSignalProgress(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
>>> ZnSignalProgress class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
>>> 3781:error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert
>>> protocol
>>> version:s23_clnt.c:583: