[Glass] Trouble connecting a Windows client to GS 3.5.x

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Mar 23 12:31:59 PDT 2020

Ralph,

First, I assume that you are using the instructions found here[1] to set
up your ssh tunnel?

Second, I assume that you are using two tunnels, one for each netldi?

Third, I assume that you have checked that the port in the session file
($GS_HOME/sys/local/sessions/<stone-name>) matches the port that the 3.5
netldi is actually listening on. You should edit both the client and
server session files and use the same port number in both and the port
needs to match the ssh tunnel port ... if you haven't edited the server
session file, then on restart the netldi will use a different port ...
It looks like the server-side detail is missing from the instructions ...

If so, then we need to make sure that the ssh tunnels are set up correctly.

I'd like to see a `stones -r` report on your server machine so that I
can see which ports are being used on the server for both 3.4 and 3.5.

And then I'd like to see the ssh commands that you are using to set up
the ssh tunneling.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/ebc8e7b1c1f2a5b4e9cf11f924164152a342367f/docs/installation/installDevKitClient.md#setup-ssh-port-forwarding