[Glass] External tasks do not recognize new methods after commit - only after restart !?!?!?!?!

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Tue Nov 3 08:49:46 PST 2020

I've added the new test to glassdb/glass and updated the
GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home tests to ensure that the unit tests are run on
the upgraded extent and it turns out that all of the upgrades to 3.5.x
are failing[1] and the only failure is the new
SessionMethodTransactionBoundaryPolicyTests>>testConfirmSessionMethodTransactionBoundaryPolicyInstalled
test ... this means that if you have upgraded to 3.5.x (including 3.5.x
to 3.5.x upgrades ... see [2]) you should definitely run:

    SessionMethodTransactionBoundaryPolicy install
    System commit

I will plan on having a fix for this issue (internal bug 49225) for 3.5.5.

Given the ease of repairing this issue, I wouldn't think you should
defer any upgrade plans you might have to wait for 3.5.5, but that is up
to you.

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/builds/741019503
[2] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/jobs/741019513