[Glass] FFI and C subsystems

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco bruno.brasesco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:40:42 PDT 2020

Hi,
Maybe i'm wrong in some concepts here (not a C expert) but ...

If a C library (libssh) has a subsystem (sftp) in order to create a GS
wrapper i can do:

> | header wrapperClass wrapper |
> header := CHeader path: '/usr/include/libssh/sftp.h'.
> wrapperClass := header wrapperForLibraryAt:
> '/usr/lib64/libssh.so.4.4.0'.
> wrapperClass initializeFunctions.
> UserGlobals at: wrapperClass name put: wrapperClass.

In this case I got all the functions of Libssh and also SFTP, so far so
good.

But what happens when there is more than one C subsystem?

How can I generate only one GS wrapper for the original C library (libssh)
and all its subsystems ?
Or I will have to create one wrapper per subsystem ?

regards,
bruno