[Glass] Locked by Smalltalkhub and Tonel

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 11 11:43:57 PDT 2020

Bruno,

I have finished doing the the fork and conversion of the XML projects:

 1. https://github.com/GsDevKit/XML-XMLParser
 2. https://github.com/GsDevKit/XML-XMLWriter
 3. https://github.com/GsDevKit/XML-XPath

The tests are nicely failing on Travis, too:):

 1. https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/XML-XMLParser
 2. https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/XML-XMLWriter
 3. https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/XML-XPath

They are all failing (at the moment) because  of problems loading the
OrderPreservingDictionary project[1], which is not surprising, because
it is a tonel-based project. If you need that project forked and
converted to Filetree, let me know. At this point it takes just a few
minutes to convert from tonel to filetree using the T2F2T-Conversion
project[2].

The filetree format packages are in a filetree directory and I've left
the tonel-based src directory untouched (almost). My expectation is that
the filetree format packages will be used to do the port and if you are
interested in working towards a point where the work would be merged
back into the pharo-contributions project, you could merge the
.travis_pharo.yml and .smalltalk_pharo.ston files into the _gemstone
variants so that pharo and gemstone tests could be run ... it's up to
you. The T2F2T-Conversion script can covert from filetree back to tonel
as well, so it will be possible to create a tonel-based PR for
pharo-contributions when the time comes to merge.

I got to the point where I could use a topaz solo-based bash script[3]
to do the conversion from tonel to filetree and filetree to tonel, but
this bug[4] means that filetree to (pharo produced) tonel  isn't
practical, until I enhance Rowan to write using the pharo_tonel format[5].

Given the bug[4] and my time constraints, I stopped short of documenting
the procedure and the extent0.rowan.dbf  extent that I use[6], but I
plan on coming back and finishing up the job once my work on 3.6.0 is
complete:)

Let me know if you need the OrderPreservingDictionary project[7]
converted or run into any other issues and I will do what I can, when I
can ...

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/GsDevKit/XML-XPath/jobs/734790965#L2019
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/T2F2T-Conversion