[Glass] recent project updates for 3.5.4 and upcoming 3.6.0

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 11 12:33:49 PDT 2020

The work for 3.6.0 is still ongoing, but if you are planning on
upgrading to 3.5.4, you should update your projects to the latest commit
as there are bugfixes/changes that are needed for proper operation of
3.5.4. Here's the full list of projects that I have updated in the last
week or so:

  * ston
  * tode
  * filetree
  * glass
  * zinc
  * Parasol
  * Grease
  * Seaside
  * metacello-work

If you are using GsDevKitHome, you can use `updateGsDevKit -gctsd` to
update most of projects to the latest commit (I think only Parasol and
Seaside would not be updated). The latest version of Seaside now depends
upon Parasol for testing.

It should be safe to update existing stones running older versions of
GemStone to use the latest commits of the common projects. It would be
prudent to make a backup before upgrading, because "you never know."

If you are not moving to 3.5.4 it isn't necessary to update.

Let me know if you have issues or questions.