[Glass] Gemstone 3.6.0 is now working with GsDevKit (in a ", " locale oriented environment)

Robert Calco bobcalco at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 20:57:30 PST 2021

Thanks, Dale!

The Rowan ecosystem sounds interesting. What pain points of
Metacello/Monticello does it address?

Dolphin UX is great but I wish it ran 64 bit and on GTK or wxWidgets and
was cross platform. Alas, we want it all.

Pharo UX is OK but I look forward to something transcending Morphic. Bloc,
whatever. Otherwise I quite enjoy the Pharo developer experience. So both
Jadeite and Sparkle sound great, too.

A web based dev environment seems all the rage, and is architecturally
interesting, but I don't especially enjoy web coding unless it's on the
reactive paradigm (React.js, Elm (I love Elm), ClojureScript). I don't see
AmberJS taking off even among Smalltalkers, for some reason.

It may make more sense for me to stick with Jade for now but otherwise get
involved in Rowan (and possibly Jadeite) and contribute to making Pharo UX
nicer. If nothing else I may fully understand Rowan by the time it goes
"prime time." I'm really not psyched going retro all the way back to Pharo
3 on 32 bit.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:12 PM Dale Henrichs via Glass <

*Bob Calco*