[Glass] Some basic internal questions about Encryption

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco bruno.brasesco at gmail.com
Thu May 13 10:07:53 PDT 2021

Hi,

After reading the SysAdminGuide on encryption I have a couple of questions
to clarify some concepts:
1) Are Tranlogs encrypted with the same key passed as argument to
startstone ?
(I think not, from manual:"Transaction logs written by a Stone using
encrypted extents are written in encrypted form, using the same keypair as
the extents.")
Maybe my confusion is with the Sessions keys of each extent...

2) If there are multiple extents then which key pair is used to encrypt the
tranlog ?
(because each extent has it own key, from manual: "Each extent has its own
unique session key.")

regards,
bruno